The welded pipe is made by forming flat products (strip, sheet, or plate) to the desired shape, in this case normally round. Once the desired shape is achieved, a high energy source is used to melt the metal locally at the weld joint. It is squeezed together and allowed to solidify, forming a weld bead. The high energy source can be an electric arc, a plasma arc, a laser beam, or even an electron beam. The welded weld bead is usually a bit thicker than the adjacent base metal and needs to be changed to match the base metal thickness and to correct unwanted physical, chemical, and corrosion resistance attributes of the weld.
Welded pipe manufacturing
- At the beginning of the ASTM A312 SS TP 310 Welded Pipes manufacturing process also known as slabs or billets are cast in a steel mill. Dependent on the external dimensions and wall thickness there are different methods of producing welded pipes: Electric Resistance Welding (ERW), Fusion Welding (EFW), and Double Submerged Arc Welding (DSAW). In the ERW and EFW manufacturing process welded pipes are formed by hot or cold rolling plate and welding the seam.
- To keep the outside (O.D.) surface of a welded pipe smooth and uniform a cutting tool called scaring blade is used to remove the weld flash. Scaring from the inside (I.D.) welded flash is also possible. With heat-treating at the end of the manufacturing process, the weld zone of the steel pipe can be made less visible.
- Due to the weld seam, lower operating pressures are stated by ASME compared to seamless pipes. In generally welded pipes possess tighter dimensional tolerances than seamless pipes and are less costly if produced in the same quantities.
Uses of SS 310 Welded Pipes
- Welded steel pipes for low-pressure fluid transportation are used to transport water, gas, steam, compressed air, etc. structural welded steel pipes can be used to manufacture scaffolds, trusses, towers, playgrounds, railings, etc.
- Steel door metal window-formed tube is used to make metal door metal window, metal to update wooden. Wire bushings are used to put a cord and cable. The car driveshaft tube is used to fabricate the car pressure shaft assembly.
- Mechanical shape tube is used to fabricate diverse machines and accessories. It may be used as a belt conveyor roller, deep properly pump tube, sprinkler irrigation pipe, diverse pipe fittings for automobiles, diverse pipe fittings for bicycles, etc.
- SS 310 Welded Pipes are particularly used to fabricate fixtures of diverse metal-wooden structures. Small-diameter diameter pipe may be used as radiator pipe of refrigerator-freezer, high-stress oil pipe for car, brake pipe.
- Boiler tubes are used to fabricate steam generator tubes, superheated steam tubes, water pipes, pipes, air preheated tubes, and warmth exchanger tubes. Oil pipe is used as oil pipe, casing, and oil pipeline. Spiral welded pipe is used as conveying pipeline and big diameter directly welded pipe is likewise used as conveying pipeline. The exclusive segment tapered welded pipe is used as a lamp post. Composite pipe, the natural lined pipe may be utilized in unique programs proof against diverse corrosion. Stainless 310 welded pipes are on the whole used withinside the chemical enterprise & meals enterprise.